Reply to post:

Dead LAN's hand: IT staff 'locked out' of data center's core switch after the only bloke who could log into it dies

Olivier2553 Silver badge

Similar situation.

I volunteered to take care of the network in my condo because the existing situation was a mess.

Well, not completely a mess, at the origins, it had been set-up properly, 2 WiFi per floor, one in each wing of the building, a WiFi bridge over to the other building, using Linksys and Ubiquity (I mean, not the cheapest possible hardware), under DD-WRT... So a good built. But obviously, the company managing the system was not the one that once installed it, so when the network hanged, the only solution was a power-off to reboot the system (and because there are 15 WiFi, it is faster to turn off the central power of the building! I joke you not. Just hope nobody is in the lift during these 5 seconds!).

So, that was the situation when I moved in 2 years ago, so I volunteered to look after the system, I changed the main router/authentication platform and now I am left with a bunch of WiFi under DD-WRT without knowing the password.

If the few hacks I found online are not working, I will be left with the solution of a reset-reconfigure, but I am not really looking forward to that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR WEEKLY TECH NEWSLETTER

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019