Reply to post: Re: What I don't understand

Brexit text-it wrecks it: Vote Leave fined £40k for spamming 200k msgs ahead of EU referendum

Lee D Silver badge

Re: What I don't understand

True democracy at work - People sometimes change their minds, especially when more information is available.

If it's so important to you, you'll have researched and your answer won't change, so it's not a burden to answer again.

I have a car, do you want it? Yes or No? Well come on, it's a democratic choice! And once you answer you're stuck with it for ever and ever and ever in a legally-binding statute.

What do you mean you'd like more information? That's not one of the options!

Why do you think that the "non-voting" portion of the population are like that? Laziness? Unable to grasp English? Or that they just don't have enough information available at the point they are asked to make an informed decision, no matter how much they desire it or effort they put in.

You can't boil 30 years of trade and economic politics created by thousands of people from dozens of countries running to MILLIONS of words of legislature into "Well, yes or no, which is it?!" and then expect people to have to abide by that decision when it later - but not "too late" - surfaces just the problems that are involved that were NOT predicted by either campaign prior to starting the process.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon