Reply to post: Re: re: I wonder why they would pretend to think....

Croydon school rolling in toilet roll after Brexit gift deemed unfit for the Queen's Anus Horribilis

codejunky Silver badge

Re: re: I wonder why they would pretend to think....

@Rich 11

"So if we leave the Customs Union you will happily waive all border checks? Is this what you call taking back control?"

Nice sidestep. We dont have a problem now, so why would we? Taking back control is to be in control and make choices yourself. So if we take back control then its up to us if we do or dont and how we deal with it. Taking back control does not mean becoming anally retentive.

"The people who run the ports at Rotterdam and Calais are building extra lorry parks and customs channels and appear to disagree with your assessment"

Actually that means they will choose to make it more difficult for themselves. Which as with taking back control, does not mean we are required to even if they are.

"No, it assumes there's a backlog at Channel ports for reasons already described. Come on, the ability to read for comprehension can't be beyond you."

Thank you. I wish I could return the faith. If we dont have such a backlog then it shows we dont need to have such a backlog and it is not mandatory for us to inflict one on ourselves. That they would inflict one on themselves is their choice. Unless its not their choice but the EU's which would demonstrate the taking back control quite clearly.

"Of course they won't price themselves out of the market. They'll just put prices up. You might need to read my final sentence again."

You cant complain they will put prices up if they are not pricing themselves out of the market. Because that means they are not raising prices due to brexit but because the market requires or allows for higher prices.

"Supermarkets don't generally benefit from people panic-buying non-perishable goods, since those goods can be used at a later date and people will simply not buy any at that point in time. We're talking bog rolls and wet wipes, not bags of salad leaves."

I didnt say the supermarkets are trying to get people panic buying. Amusingly a loan company have been told to stop using an advert praying on people with that stupid fear. Spreading fear of brexit has been routine since the referendum. Often comically bad propaganda but plenty of it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon