Reply to post: Oops

We don't want to be Latch key-less kids: NYC tenants sue landlords for bunging IoT 'smart' lock on their front door

DuncanLarge Silver badge

Oops

I cant open the front door because:

- Dang, my data just ran out.

- The Apple/Android boot logo wont go away.

- My phone case did nothing to protect the screen when I sneezed and dropped it. I cant tap any digits above 5 on the keypad.

- Battery died when it said 40% remaining.

- Battery died. Nobody else at school has an android, anyone with USB cables only had USB C cables and the wireless charging pad at Mc Donalds was switched off.

- My phone exploded at school due to that cheap chinese charger I got from the thrift store.

- My phone was confiscated by my teacher when I kept checking insta. DIdnt get it back after school as her water broke and went into labor. Dad is away on business and mum works till very late.

- When I start the app, it crashes.

- My mate tried to upgrade my Android to a custom rom to speed it up. Now its in a thing called a boot loop.

- The app needs an update, is 20MB in size and I have only 10MB of data left. Oh and my phone doesnt connect to wifi after I dropped it in the loo.

Funny how a bit of jagged metal that twists in a receptacle, or an NFC fob / card dont seem to have these complications.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon