Reply to post: Re: Took your time over this

Facebook blames 'server config change' for 14-hour outage. Someone run that through the universal liar translator

JSIM

Re: Took your time over this

Wednesday evening I first read about this, at the Guardian I think, and came here next. Couldn't find it. Been finding everything I've looked for here since around Y2K at least. No time to check every headline with the name Facebook in it and I was scanning for something like "Millions of Shocked Users Left Frantically Rubbing Smartphones as Social Media Heavyweight Falls Flat on Its Facebook - Ongoing Global Outage Knocks Out Services" or at least the word "outage."

What I overlooked was "What today links Gmail, Google Drive, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram - apart from being run by monopolistic personal data harvesters?"

My bad, but it just did not register. I'd seen news about Google's problems late Tuesday EST (again elsewhere and didn't find it here) and did not put 2 and 2 together to come up with a title that sounded like a quiz, so I really can't be hard on Jon Smit myself.

Anyway, I think I liked Jon's post better than kierenmccarthy's, even though he made a mistake. For myself, I could have used a link. When you're reading this at 150% (because eyes) with AdBlock, "on the right. Over here --->" is somewhere else, I don't know.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon