Reply to post: Re: The artist(s) have the right to charge what they want

It's not your imagination: Ticket scalper bots are flooding the internet according this 'ere study

MachDiamond Silver badge

Re: The artist(s) have the right to charge what they want

Thinking that there is a way to kill off scalping is wishful. The only thing that can be done is to make it far less profitable and far more risky to get left holding a stack of tickets that don't get sold. The last thing that should happen is to have the police wasting their time arresting people for re-selling tickets (unofficially) and clogging up the courts prosecuting same. Something like the auction process I describe above could be a solution and maybe there is something else. I've discussed it with a few friends in the music business (I was a roadie for many years) and they like the idea. They even like the idea of the free tickets since somebody getting a free ticket might still have some money to buy a CD or T-shirt that nets the band more than the band's share of the ticket price. I'm hoping that the next time we get together they can help refine the idea. I'm sure we could get some entity that already has an auction framework to help get it implemented for at least a few venues that aren't owned by TicketDisaster.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon