Reply to post: Configurable multiple instance - single instance

Microsoft flings the Windows Calculator source at GitHub

Tristan Young

Configurable multiple instance - single instance

Please, someone fix this blasted calculator. I know, this is not the right forum to request, so I'll explain what I find wrong with the calculator (besides it being way too huge). I'll look elsewhere for someone who can fix it.

There are times when you might want to spawn a second instance of the calculator, and sometimes you might want only a single instance, brought to the front of all other windows.

In Windows 10, each time you run the app (I have a calculator button on my keyboard), a new instance is launched, This is the default behaviour.

In Windows XP, each time I pressed the calculator button, it either launches the initial instance, or brought the existing instance to the front. This is the default behaviour.

In the work I do, I need always single-instance, as I'll be plugging in values from different programs. Pressing the calculator button (or a hotkey) could bring the calculator to the front, so I could enter values, before going on to the next program to add more values.

I would love to be able to configure the calculator for single-instance mode, with a button in the upper-right to create a second instance when required.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon