Reply to post: Re. MIND

Prodigy dancer and vocalist Keith Flint found dead aged 49

Conundrum1885

Re. MIND

I do wonder sometimes if the efforts of certain authorities only sometimes work.

Case in point, Universal Credit (UC) has unfairly impacted disabled people in some cases leading to starvation, suicide and drug use.

You could argue that UC though its intent was to improve things is now so broken that the "morally correct" thing to do is halt the whole

sorry mess and give those in most immediate need a payment from the emergency funds sitting in bank accounts laughingly called "PPI"

and be done with it.

Its simply not acceptable to allow veterans to starve in shop doorways because some bean counter who probably drives an expensive 4x4 and has

a 62" OLED HDR TV figures that they can find a job at the drop of a hat. Employers have no soul and should be far more reasonable than they are.

Also important: depression is a horrible, horrible disease and far more debilitating than any addiction imaginable

And no it does not have to be medicated as there are effective non-pharmacological treatments available if you seek help.

Not ACing because I woud rather stand up and be counted for my beliefs.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon