Reply to post: Re: Orders of what ?

So close yet so far: Pure fingers manufacturing balls-up for leaving firm $20m wide of its target

Terry P

Re: Orders of what ?

I still don't see the TSMC connection. Although AIRI is a mixture of NVidia & Pure i'm sure they can't sell the Nvidia part - they are not a reseller. It's a joint proposal between them so they cannot claim TSMC as a distributor. As the guy said Pure use NAND and CPUs, nothing TSMC manufacture would be in a pure system.

You're trying to crate drama where it doesn't exist. The stock market shows that - they finished UP 1.5% because they missed.....but kept guidance and the street waited to hear the reason. Compare that to Nutanix who missed, lowered guidance, gave a terribly poor reason (IMHO) and dropped 32%.

As for the prior history it's the first time i've seen that. If I had a dollar for every time a broker or analyst mis-calculated expected revenue, earnings or any other form of financial info as an outsider i'd be rich. Although it does show the growth.... this article says they just did $442m in a quarter, Gartner said they thought they were doing $276m a *year* back in the day.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon