Reply to post: Re: Let's see

Decoding the President, because someone has to: Did Trump just blow up concerted US effort to ban Chinese 5G kit?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Let's see

First I notice the number of individuals that gave the thumbs down to what I think is the obvious first question that is the precursor to discussion about Huawei and 5 G today...how would anyone know if China gained privileged access to information by using Huawei as its stalking horse. Really, this isn't obvious? Are there a 100 people outside of the Chinese firewall that would have the skills to recognize if it happened, how it was happening, its meaning, its route etc. Likely they would also have to work for Huawei?

Really, all those thumbs down.

The world needs 5G now and the ROW is not able to deliver it, so either plant the infrastructure yesterday or engage with Huawei today. A change of commercial terms is what I would recommend so that their competitive advantage can come down market with proportionate velocity to how China has gained its edge...source code in trust outside of China, R&D centers located in the ROW, and usual GCHQ-like rigor in identifying and repairing vulnerabilities as government and commercial policy.

Oh yea, 'China, take down that firewall.'

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon