Reply to post:

Accused hacker Lauri Love loses legal bid to reclaim seized IT gear

Jason Bloomberg Silver badge

Is it just me or does the "You brought this on yourself" statement reek of a guilty until proven innocent mindset?

It's not just you though I say that only from reading the article and I wasn't there. If it is how it's reported then I would concur with some of the views expressed from the public gallery.

I'm not at all familiar with the UK legal system, but I was under the impression that it was an innocent until proven guilty system.

Mostly, but that doesn't mean one cannot come up against a judge who is having a bad day or, for whatever reason, isn't treating someone before them fairly and justly. That's why we have appeal courts.

The bottom line is that justice in the UK is far better than some places, in the overwhelming cases is fair and justice is done, but there are cases where it can be that it isn't.

I've noticed it is usually high profile cases, where the authorities, police, security services or government are involved, when it feels to me justice hasn't been served. Maybe that is the case or maybe I am imagining it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon