Reply to post: Re: I think that viewing terrorist propaganda is good

One click and you're out: UK makes it an offence to view terrorist propaganda even once

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: I think that viewing terrorist propaganda is good

I think Mhairi Black would make a decent PM, she actually gets how "normal" people live, something the labour party "used" to claim to identify with. She's from what I can see very principled and knows whats she's talking about, hence why the conservatives try and bray her down.

Mike Weir was also a decent bloke, till he was unseated by Kirstene Hair, farmer's daughter (helpfully given fields worth of free advertising by friends of daddy), only ever replies with party propaganda, and even has the temerity to state "I will not put forward any early day motions as I don't believe in them".

She also rarely responds to anyone, well unless they are a farmer where she's straight on the case.(which gave her a bit of an issue - local farmers rely on migrant labour to staff their farmers, Brexit throws a spanner in those workers royally but she won't dare criticise high command, to help her out the local paper ran a 2 page spread quoting facebook posts urging farmers to "put the berry buses back on and watch them fill up" (totally ignoring that farming doesn't want jill bloggs and her snotty nosed kids, they need fit young pickers to live on site and work long hours, still it allowed to paper to divert attention from having to say anything bad about the conservative party, DC Thomson family seemingly all strong conservative supporters, explaining the non stop stream of SNP TERRIBLE type stories in all their papers),

IIRC her election material was big on "Ruth Davidson", "protecting the union" and "block a 2nd indy referendum" and not big on much else, the labour and lib dem vote collapsed and funnily enough her vote tally corresponded to about that number.....

Says a lot about the morals or lack thereof of local labour and lib dem voters.........

The previous conservative candidate had 4 goes before standing as a local cllr.

They also parachuted in a young gentleman from Durham as a council candidate, whose only connection to the local area was his name on the ballot paper, this complete lack of connection to the local area was carefully omitted and totally ignored by both local papers. (I don't give a monkey's that he's from "south of the border", its the total lack of connection to the local area that bothers me, along with being wet behind the ears)

Mairi Evans and Graeme Dey are both decent and hardworking folk also, both take a lot of time to interact with consituents and actually generally seem to have an interest.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon