Reply to post: Indeed

Hungover this morning? Thought 'beer before wine and you'll be fine'? Boffins prove old adage just isn't true

Muscleguy Silver badge

Indeed

I agree on the not learning thing, when our eldest first got rat arsed the next morning, Saturday my wife got the youngest to march up and down the hall outside her bedroom playing the bagpipes (great pipes, all drones unplugged for those in the know) then eldest got dragged into town clothes shopping.

Didnae work. Eldest is a Sommelier, deep into el vino.

The old Scotsman's preventative of necking as much water as you can hold just before you flop into bed is good advice though. Moderates the dehydration and gets you up the next day through a very strong need to pee.

I used to swear by a 9mile run the day after, you reach a point where the effects of the hangover intersect with the normal effects of the run and equalise out. You have to have taken heed of the Scotsman first though and necked or taken some water/dilute sports drink with you. But last I tried it age intervened and I could only manage 6.6 miles.

Instead I stop drinking before I'm drunk enough for a proper hangover. But if I go for a run next morning anyway I feel any drink I've had the night before.

Since I value the running and the health and wellbeing it brings very highly this limits my alcoholic intake to healthy levels.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019