Reply to post:

Pants-purveyor in plea for popularity: It's not just any pork push... it's an M&S 'love sausage'

Muscleguy

I make my own sausages, gluten free and generally nicer than most supermarket versions. I had two pork with cider soaked apples with mash, 'shrooms and veg for my tea last night. I can see how you could make one of these. Having filled your casings instead of making standard links you make long links and mould them thus letting them sit for a few hours as you would with normal links to allow them to 'set'. Then wrap with bacon and et voila! the constituents of a 'love sausage'. Should you feel the urge to go there.

Note if using natural pork casings you would use the natural curve of these in forming the shapes. Failure to do so would I expect result in unpleasant reshaping during the heat of preparation. I would use natural casings for this purpose for that very reason, reasoning that meat eaters happy with extra porky goodness in the bacon wrappings would not be put off by that. M&S in their tradition keeping mode would also be more likely to got there than say Tesco or Asda who have to worry about worried customers with queasier stomachs.

Besides I find natural casings much easier to work with than the collagen or vegetarian equivalents.

If I can find sufficient cheap short date chook I might make some more of my Thai style chicken bangers, modelled on ones I had back in Auckland, NZ. Nicely spicy hot with lemongrass, galangal and fish sauce. Those I do put in collagen casings as I think they work best as straight sausages.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon