Reply to post:

iPhone price cuts are coming, teases Apple CEO. *Bring-bring* Hello, Apple UK? It's El Reg. You free to chat?

sanmigueelbeer

battery replacement program

Apple used their strength to negotiate for a reduced cost (to the consumer) to replace the battery even though the "design choice" of the battery was the real cause of the issue. Instead, consumers are asked to pay for an Apple design flaw.

Other than that, the new phones will have more cameras and, guess what, Night Mode.

However, the main question I would like to ask is not about whether or not Apple will lower the price. Instead, I would like to know by how much. $100 "discount" is a token gesture and a joke. 10% doesn't even count. Since Apple has voiced their concern about the slump in sales in China, I would presume that Apple is going to drop the price there. And since the sales in US is strong, there won't be any significant discount. And before anyone could say about "gray import", Apple is one of the few companies who offer "international warranty" of their product but with proviso as to where the warranty claim can be used (like what they're using in Australia).

If Apple is serious, I'd say 15% to 20% would be sufficient.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon