Reply to post: Bad news for the US

Oracle robbed just about anyone who wasn't a pasty white male of $400m, says Uncle Sam

devTrail

Bad news for the US

You may like or not Oracle, but this is not a good news for the US. A law that becomes so open to interpretation that public officials can decide to apply when it suits them is the moment when bureaucrats become too powerful and corruption takes a leg. Coming form a country doing poorly in the Transparency International ranking I know what I'm talking about.

The funny thing is that part of the accusation is quite plausible and part of it seems really ridiculous. I have no difficulty to believe the part referring to the cheap Asians, but the snub of the minorities can be easily explained with the unequal schooling system in the US and the lack of qualified people.

On the other hand what is a common practice has benefited so much the balance sheets of big and small corporations that I doubt this story will change anything. If condemned Oracle will take a hit and go on with business as usual and all the other corporation won't even take notice.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon