Reply to post: Re: If you're white and male you'll never get it

Big Red's big pay gap: $13,000 gulf between male and female Oracle staffers – reports

iRadiate

Re: If you're white and male you'll never get it

Wong again.

Let's make things really simple. You will never understand the struggles a fish faces because you're not a fish.. Does that make me fishist for making a statement based solely on your species.? You've misunderstood what the letters 'ist' mean at the end of sexist or racist. You'll never understand the struggles a homeless person faces because I'm assuming you have a roof over your head. Does that make me a person who DISCRIMINATES against homeless people? No it bloody doesn't. That's what sexist and racist means. I don't discriminate . I do my best to understand the others point of view while fully accepting that because of my gender and colour I probably won't fully get it. That's all I'm saying. As white males you'll never fully understand what females and non whites of any gender go through on a daily basis in their workplace. It's not meant to be a criticism. Its just a fact that you need to bear in mind when commenting on issues that you yourself are not directly affected by.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019