Reply to post: Re: Why don't [they] just ask Facebook?

Wanted – have you seen this MAC address: f8:e0:79:af:57:eb? German cops appeal for logs in bomb probe

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Why don't [they] just ask Facebook?

"infamous Graph API is installed either by the Facebook app or any number of third party apps that use Facebook's API."

On a related matter: I don't use Facebook on my phone, I use it very little (and reluctantly) on desktop Interweb, etc.

My last three mobiles have been Moto G with stock Android ROM, with no obvious pre-installed Facebook. If I know that an optional app is closely linked with Facebook, I don't install it, which is one reason why I have no Whatsapp,

Is there an easy way for people to check whether their phone(s) or other devices are infested by this Facebook Graph API pestilence?

Historic note: in the dim and distant dark days when GUIDs were a novelty and allegedly considered to be "progress", I was surprised to keep seeing 08-00-2B in the GUID in various places (typically in MS Office documents?). And then I found out why it was there, and what it meant, and decided there was going to be trouble ahead one day. Allegedly these things work differently now. Maybe they do.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon