Reply to post: Re: Reserved Storage

Windows 10 Insiders sent on quest deep into Registry to fetch goblet of Reserved Storage

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Reserved Storage

"Microsoft still does not understand that it is possible these days for people to have more than one disk on their system"

Possible? yes (well, sometimes). Common? No. Also, don't forget that a large number of "PC" sales are laptops, which generally won't fit more than 1 drive in them.

"any serious Windows user has been buying a second disk since Windows 95 in order to shove the damn PageFile.sys on a different drive than C:\ - because performance"

Or just use an SSD and/or fit sufficient RAM to your PC. Honestly, I've not considered paging to be an issue in any PC I've had since (including) XP, and all of those (except my current PC) were HDD-based.

"And then there's the fact that HDDs these days go over a terabit, so even regular users can get bold and have a second partition in order to avoid losing their data when your fucking OS kicks the bucket AGAIN"

Again, not common*. My parent's PC has a 500GB SSD in it (which is more than enough space, there again it also runs LINUX), my work laptop has a 500GB SSD in it because it was the largest option available, and my parents' friend's got a laptop this year - it had a 128GB SSD in it because the manufacturers were cheap.

* assuming "terrabit" meant "terrabyte"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon