Reply to post:

Um, I'm not that Gary, American man tells Ryanair after being sent other Gary's flight itinerary

You can call me Al

I have an early adopter hotmail address that seems to get regular mistakes from at least seven different people in four different countries. The one that I really enjoyed - or rather laughted at - was an American who signed me up to everything including his online banking, membership of the AARP, the Tea Party, his motor car subscriptions, his condo residency company...

Anyway, amusingly with all the different sets of email that he signed me up to I could have very easily impersonated him and provided a very large donation to the Democrats at the last election... (I assume his bank account could support it, because the selected adverts for other condos that he could afford would have been quite pricey)... I know where his wife gets her hair cut, what her last (quite expensive) store card bill was.

Very tempting, but I am not quite that bad. I normally just hit "unsubscribe". I even once wrote him a letter to the address - some things stopped, but not everything.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon