Reply to post: Re: It'll never happen...

Um, I'm not that Gary, American man tells Ryanair after being sent other Gary's flight itinerary

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: It'll never happen...

Count yourself lucky. Someone has my firstname-middle-lastnane. And date of birth.

I found this out when bailiffs came after he'd not paid court fees for a motoring offence. They wouldn't believe me, because in some (presumably human) transcription someone had assigned MY national insurance number to him. So to HM courts we were the same person.

That took several days to sort out - I had to convince them I'd never even been to {location} or driven a {vehicle}.

Funnily enough Mr Bailiff did later admit to me that he thought I was not who they wanted by my initial surprised response.

Would you believe - yes, you would - that if all happened again 3 years later. By then I knew enough to ring them up and tell them where the fuck to go. By them, I mean bailiffs, court officials, and traffic sods in Wales. Ain't wasting days on it twice.

By the way, I did consider that the other me may never gave known about the original alleged offenses if they're that incompetent. Or if I'd been his lawyer, that would have been my defence. He can't be that bad, he's got my name and shares my birthday!

Officialdom at its most twattest.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon