Reply to post: CD32

Found yet another plastic nostalgia knock-off under the tree? You, sir, need an emulator

TheBully

CD32

I was playing a lot of old games over Christmas using WinUAE on an old ThinkPad with HDMI I salvaged connected to my TV and a cheap Trust joypad and one of those little handheld keyboard/trackpad contraptions. Mainly CD32 games as it doesn’t require fiddling with the settings to swap the floppy images. There are lots of compilation CDs out there that let you boot WinUAE from the iso image and then select the games with no swapping also lots of old abandonware cover CDs. What strikes me is how some of the early A500 games look better than the more recent AGA games because they better used the colour palette available to them and put more work into the graphics. A great example is Xenon 2 Megablast the limited palette seems to improve the look and feel of the game. Other ones I was playing were Fire and Ice which felt very Christmassy, Apidiya, Alien Breed 2, Project X and one of my old favorites Moonstone which still seems to crash randomly like it used to on my A500. :)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon