Reply to post: Re: Funding cuts lead to this

Who's watching you from an unmarked van while you shop in London? Cops with facial recog tech

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Funding cuts lead to this

"I was watching a woman taking a serious beating from a large guy and called for the police. None showed up"

Late one night I heard a lot of noise outside and sneaked a look out of the bedroom window. Some guy was laying on the pavement screaming that he couldn't see. He was just laying there screaming in pain. He wasn't resisting arrest but two policemen were giving him a good kicking anyway after pepper spraying him. Another police car arrived and they bundled him into the back and took him away. From what I later found out, he'd just been let out of prison and gone to the local pub to celebrate his release and was peacefully walking home but the police (or some of them) had some sort of grudge against him. I've no idea what he'd been in prison for. Basically they ambushed him and beat twenty bells out of him and charged him with assault and resisting arrest. Maybe he "deserved" a good kicking; but I was shocked to see policemen behaving so badly.

While I generally trust the police and would call them if I needed them, it does give me pause for concern that they may not always behave as I'd expect them to. I'd hate to get on the wrong side of a "Judge Dredd" type; no telling what could happen.

Anon for obvious reasons.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon