Reply to post:

HCL picks up Notes, spanks total of $1.8bn at Honest John's IBM software sale

DrFierce

@SVV --

I've had the drfierce ID on eBay since 1999. And have had the drfierce e-mail addresses on hotmail, gmail and other messaging platforms for years now. Not like drfierce21788, but drfierce. So it's been a while since I've been around, 20+ years you could say.

I'm not specifically criticizing naysayers. Hey, there's some truth in some of the non-troll comments. I'm just setting the record a bit straight. Notes/Domino have their weaknesses and flaws, but let's remember that Outlook/Exchange/Sharepoint have nothing to crow about as software products and what admins have to endure in the past (and still do in the present), they are not the greatest end-all/be-all the Microsoft hype machine purports them to be.

And yeah, I recently created the DrFierce account here because I read news but had little time to read comments (and even less comment on them). Matter of fact, I surprised myself I didn't have an account already. Guess I missed creating an account on this site because, you know: day job, married life, fatherly duties and all that.

If I had a record of posting thousands of comments a year, there'd be question as to whether I'm employed or not and I'd be probably called out as such.

But it's not because of that one fact that the points I made have any less merit. So there. I said what I said, I am who I am and I stand by all that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon