Reply to post: Re: Well, Hopefully some cash exists for the now woeful support

VMware's latest financial figures look virtually healthy if you page out Pivotal cash-splash loss

Mr.Nobody

Re: Well, Hopefully some cash exists for the now woeful support

Ha Ha! As if. We got our fourth pair of Sales Associates in eight years, each pair more worthless than the last. We complained extensively again about the uselessness of calling support, they hadn't solved any of our problems in the last four years, etc.

These two actually told us, yes, we are sorry its so horrible, but one option was to actually pay them MORE money for BETTER support. We were agog. I am ready to switch to KVM, with all the pain it would produce.

Five years ago one could call VMware support and get someone in Atlanta, or Ireland in 2 minutes, and that person would solve a problem 90% of the time. Now you call and you might get someone that tells you to send the logs, and recommend reinstalling.

Once I had an engineer on the phone for an issue with a windows server VMware service not starting with a domain account, and he told me I should switch to the local account - or just switch to the appliance because it was way better. That was his one and only answer. Needless to say we figured it out ourselves as usual.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon