Reply to post: Re: Interesting

Giraffe hacks printers worldwide to promote God-awful YouTuber. Did we read that one right?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Interesting

Years ago when I was involved in this kind of thing an engineer in the office did a search on exposed Port 9100s and we were very shocked - so much so that we advised all our clients to check for this security risk. It would seem that at the time some IT people thought it was clever - you could do a remote batch print over the Internet.

I would just note that the author of this is not a hacker. It is trivial to print to port 9100. He's just a sociopath with a weird obsession.

I don't know anything about this PDP person but an awful lot of entertainers get very rich on a thin talent which they somehow milk. It's nothing new, and they will also have their over the top fans. As Darwin's Watch puts it, language evolved for the purpose of shouting defiance at the monkeys in the next tree. We can't all be Will Self, or Pushkin, and we can't all be the kind of people who get their kicks from reading them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon