Reply to post: Re: NHS is an oldie's' service

Joe Public wants NHS to spend its cash on cancer, mental health, not digital services

Da Weezil

Re: NHS is an oldie's' service

Speaking as someone who probably qualifies in your cynical eyes as an oldie. I try to do stuff online, But I've only been connected at home since 1995, Logging into "My Health Online" (the online portal for Wales) I find that there are NO appointments available in my GP practice, A situation that has existed since LAST YEAR. The only way to score an appointment is to queue daily @8.am - 1970's style. A situation BBC Wales has covered a couple of times in the last year or so - hardly something the NHS big wigs or the muppets in Cardiff Bay can be unaware of.

The NHS Trust here is more interested in building a new Super hospital miles from any real civilisation in order to run down two more lopcal DGH services that are 40 miles apart, despite having no funding for it AND this being a very rural area with poor road links and almost zero public transport in thier preferred area.

The real issue with the NHS is the moronic manglement. clear out all that dead wood and listen to the CLINICIANS who are supposed to be at the heart of the NHS rather than being treated as an afterthought as is now the case.

You were nearly right... its actually an old boys service - providing ego stroking positions on boards and health authorities for nonentities and politicians friends who should be kept away from making real decisons that impact other peoples lives.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon