Reply to post: Re: Ah, the UK gov

Brexit: UK will be disconnected from EU databases after 2020

codejunky Silver badge

Re: Ah, the UK gov

@ Adair

"which makes the most wonderful scapegoat, right on our doorstep."

So you should be cheering brexit. We leave and therefore wont have the scapegoat to blame, we will need to sort our own government out and we all all happy.

"and in a way that engages the support of a decent majority of the population (something at least approaching a consensus)"

Something we never had for joining but had 3 votes out of 3 to have a choice and leave. There is absolutely no consensus to remain by a long shot.

"so that the nay sayers have to acknowledge that the nation as a whole generally supports the move."

That is called democracy, I agree they need to acknowledge the 3 votes (2 GE 1 referendum), they dont.

"I think that as things stand we are probably better off remaining in, and getting our own house in order"

Which wont happen as you say there is a scapegoat. One that inflicts its own damage.

"which on all the evidence to date is doing nothing but harm to this country."

That would be the FUD I assume? The evidence is actually pretty good for voting leave so far. The argument that brexit was causing harm lost its legs pretty quickly. Now its will cause harm in the future. Just as the 2 recessions predicted for brexit didnt happen and now its some point in the future (aka blame the next business cycle recession on brexit).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019