Reply to post: Re: Ah, the UK gov

Brexit: UK will be disconnected from EU databases after 2020

codejunky Silver badge

Re: Ah, the UK gov

@ Adair

"So, in codejunky's world, the half who voted for the status quo, and all the rest who didn't express an view for whatever reason (including not being allowed) magically vanish"

Ahhh I see your problem. Its called the real world and you are wrong. For example it was not half voting for the status quo (50%) is was less than half. Also those who didnt express a view do magically vanish from the calculation since they didnt vote, so we cannot assume their opinion (or that they have one).

"A tiny majority is exactly the same as a massive majority in codejunky's mind"

Actually it seems to be you struggling with the words. You can remove the tiny and massive words because this is a democracy and the rules of the vote were in place before the vote and the vote returned a valid result which met the rules and as a result the majority is the democratic opinion.

"Please don't ever go into politics"

I have no intention of going into that cesspit. But considering your difficulty with the basics of democracy I suggest you also avoid politics.

"People who don't know what 'public service' means, who think 'my way or the highway' is the only way"

It amazes me that you can write that without applying the same logic to yourself. You already pointed out the majority vote, which is also the result of the referendum. A referendum we got due to a general election and supported to go forward by another general election. And yet you want to push your minority opinion as the only way?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019