Reply to post: Re: insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Just a little heads up: Google is still trying to convince everyone that web apps don't suck

doublelayer Silver badge

Re: insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Agreed on the misattribution point. I would much prefer it if this didn't happen.

For most things, there is enough stability that doing them multiple times results in similar effects. With a broad definition of the action and the result, they do the same thing. See rolling a die (expect a number 1-6 or the die rolling away and under some piece of furniture) or slamming your hand in a door (expect pain and possible bleeding) for examples. I therefore find the definition useful for use with those people (E.G. my parents) who have, and most likely will again, sat in front of an interface, not knowing what to click to get their desired result, and will click the same button that definitely did not do it last time, expecting that it will work this time.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019