Reply to post: Google Pixel 3 is a disappointment:

Unpicking the Pixel puzzle: Why Google is struggling to impress

JBokilo

Google Pixel 3 is a disappointment:

The Pixel 3 is a disappointment; poor design, reduced battery size, same RAM size as Pixel (2016). Yet, priced as same bracket as Samsung Note 9 and iPhone XS. When compared to the innovation of Huawei Mate 20 Pro, we all have to despair!

The Pixel 3 /3XL will be a disaster for Google. Think of Samsung Mobile about 10 years ago when Samsung thought it could sell plastic phones at premium prices, while iPhone was all glass and metal.

What has the HTC design team contributed? Nothing. They should be fired. Why would you build a larger screen and use the same size of battery? That is what HTC did with its HTC Evo 3D about 10 years ago. Unacceptable.

Regarding the 4GB of RAM. Disappointing. Last year's Pixel 2 was lagging and many reported that same issue. Most recent and high-end Android phones are loaded with 6GB and 8GB to avoid lagging. Yet, Google stays with 4 GB of RAM. I view my spreadsheets on the go with my phone and I would hate to see lags.

The design team(s) who made these recommendations should be replaced. That are destroying the reputation of the Pixel phones.

I am very disappointed!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon