Reply to post: Told you so..

This revolution will not be televised – but it will be sanctioned: Googlers walk out over 'sex pest' executive scandals

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Told you so..

As I said in the James Damore thread last year, once Google upper management decided to introduce SJW politics into the company a few years ago this was the inevitable result. A completely clusterf*ck. The sooner Pichai is dumped the better. This crap did not happen in the old days.

The reality remains the same. At least in California if any actual assault was committed there are very strong legal protections for the employees assaulted. Or anyone who has strong first hand evidence of such an assault. If no formal complaint made to law enforcement then its pretty much a given that no actual assault, in any legal sense, was committed. Usually a situation of bad judgement or post event regrets. Harassment and bullying in the workplace is less clear cut but again, at least in California, there are some strictly enforced laws (when complaint is actually made). And their are plenty of ambulance chasing law firms who will gladly take on these cases.

The other fact that has not changed is that around 50% of formal claims for sexual assault or harassment made have no actual merit. Either untrue, or out right malicious fabrications. There is this thing call due process, innocent until proven guilty, and prove beyond all reasonable doubt. You know, the rule of law. But the SJW think their victim ideology negates the rule of law.

And of course the real irony is that this charade, the Google "demos", does less that zero for the vast majority of sexual assault and rape victims. In fact it makes it far far worse. Because the dirty little secret of this whole SJW political theater of #metoo and such like is that the vast majority of rapes and assaults are unreported because they happen in the context of domestic violence. This actually very nasty reality destroys their carefully nurtured narrative of "oppression" and "victimhood" because of "rape culture". A narrative created so that a very cosseted affluent and insulated group of middle class women can get their little frisson of I-am-a-victim-too self-righteousness. Or as a facile excuse for their own bad judgement or out-right stupidity.

Those of you out there who have had the harrowing experience of having to hear actual real rape victims describe their nightmare will know what I am talking about. Having had it happen several times over the decades I have nothing but contempt for all those silly women with their stupid signs and their pathetic pathetic little demos. Little more than adolescent narcissism.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon