Reply to post: Re: Slippery slope; And not the fun kind

Pirate radio = drug dealing and municipal broadband is anti-competitive censorship

Spazturtle Silver badge

Re: Slippery slope; And not the fun kind

"For the record, I'm not on the right politically, I'm centre left. It sickens and saddens me that the Left has abandoned the free expression of words and ideas for an ideology of repression. As an old fart I remember when the god fearing right were the ones dictating words, thoughts and actions in the name of common decency; Now it appears its the lefts turn at the pulpit, this time under the guise of inclusion, diversity & words that hurt feelings."

Libertarianism (Classical Liberalism) is now considered right wing, how the hell did that happen?

I think a lot of people on the left are indulging in some massive group delusion which is going to cost them a lot in the long run, they are asking people to vote in support of having their freedom and liberty taken away from them and are surprised when voters reject that. Just look at the surprise when Trump got elected when it was pretty obvious for at least a few weeks that he would win by a clear majority. The left needs to realize that downvoting posts on reddit isn't going to change the minds of working voters.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019