Reply to post: Re: codejunky should be along at any moment...

'BMW, Airbus and Siemens' get the Brexit spending shakes

Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

Re: codejunky should be along at any moment...

..to tell us these whiners don't know what they're talking about, they're about to never have had it so good and they should just 'get on with it'.

I can't speak for codejunky, but the only people who seem to have heard those sort of promises are the remainers, who do seem to have a very overactive imagination when it comes to a past they don't like

S/he will also point out that we can't thwart the 'will of the people' (at a specific moment in time when they had been comprehensively lied to about how great the deal was they were going to get)

Funny, I don't remember any promises about a deal, it was a simple "Do you want to stay, or leave?" question. I certainly don't feel I was lied to. No-one ever said Brexit would be easy, it clearly won't be. It will take years of hard work to make it effective, but I strongly believe it will be worthwhile in the long run.

and how it would be anti-democratic to go back and ask them if they've changed their minds now the reality is becoming clear.

Reality has always been clear for those of us who paid attention, and democracy doesn't consist of asking the same question every year until you get an answer you want, and then stopping. Or were you planning a third referendum next year, and a fourth one in 2020, etc. just in case people changed their minds again?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon