Reply to post:

UK.gov should spend more on AI, bleat VCs and consultants. Oh? Why's that then?

Rol

And their father gave them both a large sum of money, asking that they look after it.

On their fathers return, he called his sons to him and asked each in turn to account for the money he had given them for safekeeping .

The first son explained how he had used nearly all the money to investigate crossing seed varieties to make a better, more hardy and productive crop, and the result was an immediate increase in yields, so much so they had enough spare to feed hungry neighbours and sell the rest recouping the investment thrice fold.

The father greatly praised him for his diligent and worthy works.

Bolstered by this, the second son stepped forward exclaiming he had invested the money in A.I. which would surpass the achievements of his brother and bring untold wealth and fortune to the family.

The father leaned forward asking "And what can I see of this great accomplishment?"

"I'm afraid I am not the only one investigating A.I. and will require funding beyond what my competitors already have on hand if we are to win the race"

"This appears meritorious" said the father, "What sum of money will secure our future in this field?"

"Oh, about five trillion dollars"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon