Reply to post: Re: Telling me!

Memo to Microsoft: Windows 10 is broken, and the fixes can't wait

Sandtitz Silver badge
FAIL

Re: Telling me!

"1. Awful confusing UX - damn, just trying to do a screenshot of part of the screen requires a 'Snipping' app with a 1980s UX."

You're wrong there, buddy.

Snipping Tool is going to be deprecated soon, though it's still there. There are other ways of taking screenshots in Windows.

PrintScreen button takes a full screen screenshot and places it on clipboard.

Alt+PrtScrn copies the active window to clipboard.

Win+PrtScrn takes full screen screenshot and saves it automatically in the documents folder.

Win+Shift+S gives you a built-in snipping tool without a UI - the result goes to clipboard.

"2. Slows down a lot, despite having 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, i7 8th gen etc etc. (And it's not HP's fault."

Slows down how? HP preloads several, rather useless programs in their computers, I wouldn't give HP a free pass that quickly.

"3. Windows keep vanishing across my monitors. 4. Crashes constantly, requiring a re-start. Etc."

Vanishes? I don't understand your problem.

Windows crashes *very* rarely and you can usually point the crashes on either bad hardware or some bad drivers. Windows crashes ("BSOD") produce crash dumps which can be deciphered (to a degree) with the Blue Screen Viewer. I'd also check HP's support pages for your laptop.

Of course, you're free to try Linux on that laptop and see if works better...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019