Reply to post:

SQLite creator crucified after code of conduct warns devs to love God, and not kill, commit adultery, steal, curse...

sisk Silver badge

To be perfectly fair, the world would be a much better place if everyone followed the bits of the Christian tenants of behavior that don't actually require being Christian. Heck, even just the universal adoption of the golden rule (which actually exists in most religions in some form, probably because it's so freaking obvious) would make the world a far better place. And I really don't think that's such a big ask for an online community made up of adults. Though, perhaps he should have made it a bit more clear that he was copy-pasting a religious text and that the more spiritual or worshippy bits of it could be ignored.

And before anyone goes off on me about how awful Christians can be, it should be mentioned that of the several hundred "Christians" I know only a handful actually live up to that standard of behavior. Most Christians just....don't. The ones who do are extraordinarily pleasant people.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019