Re: I have a code of conduct
Here's my suggestion:
1. This is a technical group dedicated to $name
2. We value members on their technical ability and technical contributions to $name
3. All other aspects of members' lives including but not limited to ethnicity; nationality; age; gender, biological or otherwise; sexual orientation and general life experiences are orthogonal to technical matters and hence of no concern to the group and so we neither value nor devalue members on such bases.
4. Members' opinions of such orthogonal matters and members opinions of other members' opinions to any level of recursion are likewise orthogonal to technical issues relating to $name and hence of no concern to the group and we neither value nor devalue members on such bases.
5. We acknowledge that some members whose technical contributions to $name we value may not be comfortable with discussions of such orthogonal matters. In deference to their feelings, therefore, we choose not to discuss them in the group nor outside the group in relation to group members.
6. We acknowledge that some people are unable to avoid discussing such orthogonal matters. This is not a suitable group for such people irrespective of any technical contributions they may be able to make to $name. They have our sympathy but not our empathy and we wish them well in their search for a group they may find more congenial.