Reply to post: Re: But muh headphone jack!

Does Google make hardware just so nobody buys it?

Tim Seventh

Re: But muh headphone jack!

"I personally love my V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless over-ears and V-Moda Forza Metallo earbuds (I prefer V-Moda's sound profiles - nicely accurate highs and mids, and fantastic bass presence without being excessively boomy or distortive) and the thought of going back to corded ranks right up there with the thought of going back to a corded mouse. I mean, you could, but... why? "

If you work with not just one system but many systems (at work and in office) especially in IT, then you'll see why we don't use wireless device as much.

Wireless means,

-Another item to replace (battery) for each system.

-Another thing to do (recharge battery) for each system.

-Another thing to care (battery lifetime) for each system.

-Another thing to worry (replacement when battery die) for each system.

-Another security issue to care (wireless hack) for each system.

-Another interface issue to care (wireless signal interference) for each system.

-Another safety consideration (any device with battery glued on can explode/ cause fire) for each system.

In exchange for ONE benefit

-No tangling issue

The negatives don't stop there. If you work with music, most 'real' amps and 'real' music equipment like a guitar amp support the 6.5mm headphone jack, which is compatibility with the 3.5mm headphone jack, which does not have Bluetooth support.

Maybe you'll get one or two wireless devices like plenty of us (because of the convenience), but in no way does it replace the wired device.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019