Reply to post: Re: No SD card

Pixel 3, 3XL, Slate tab launch: Google emits swanky iPad botherer while tarting up mobes

Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: No SD card

I was talking about hardware bells and whistles, as was inferred by the preceding items being hardware-based. IR iris scanner, Qi charging, mag strip emulator, grip detector, certified HDR compatability, pulse sensor, waterproofing... kitchen sink possibly, as is the Galaxy S tradition.

TouchWiz is easily ignorable these days, and I say that coming from a Nexus to a Galaxy. I was very pleasantly surprised. Check out Andrew Orlowski's articles if you don't believe me.

And Project Treble isn't AOSP as you put it. It's a modular framework that as a side effect has made AOSP-based ROMs far easier to use (and Android less dependant on ODMs releasing updated binary blobs) - though on Galaxy phones such faffing will kill features such as Knox and Pay. A normal person would just install a different launcher if they felt that much. It won't help you escape Google as a crippled AOSP build might, but that's not an issue exclusive to Samsung is it?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon