Reply to post: Re: @ Loyal Commenter

Hurry up and make a deal on post-Brexit data flows, would you? Think of UK business – MPs

codejunky Silver badge

Re: @ Loyal Commenter

@ localzuk

"Instead of providing solid information as to how Brexit will improve our country, you have instead spent your time attacking everyone from Corbyn to the CBI to the EU"

Interesting. Since Loyal Commenter's comment was an attack on brexit and I 'fixed' it and so the thread continued I would suggest it is more a response to what was said. You might want to note that me and Roland6 agree over the performance of this gov even though we hold our different views.

Why should I provide solid information for the improvements from brexit when I am instead pointing out the lack of foundations supporting the remain argument? I have previously explained various benefits of leaving but it usually just leaves die hard remainers crying off.

"You give vague notions about sovereignty, ignoring the reality that sovereignty is always there"

This is actually one of the topics die hard remainers cry off in discussion. Sovereignty isnt always there (unless you mean over there in the EU). Proven by the EU managing all of our trade negotiations on our behalf (as part of the block), dictating laws, etc. We have sovereignty by leaving and being able to make our own way. Amusingly Junker has suggested taking more sovereignty from members (or the members 'surrender' it) over foreign affairs.

"You hand wave about trade, ignoring the fact that our borders aren't currently capable of handling the volume of import/export declarations/inspections required under WTO rules."

I am not sure which way to tear this apart. I have already ripped into this gov on other topics due to remainers (PM, gov, civil service) failing to prepare the country for brexit when it is their job. Or I could accept that we will do more trade, which isnt a bad thing. Or that we are a WTO member in our own right and if being in the EU has caused our leaders to forget how to run a country then we certainly need to be out.

"The list goes on, but in reality, your arguments are just vague."

But not as vague as the doom and gloom coming. The end of western civilisation! Etc.

"Come on, give us a single hard and fast way Brexit will improve our country"

Pick a topic- economic, trade, immigration, sovereignty, democracy.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon