Reply to post: "Experts" at Which? are just opinions with IT

Which? That smart home camera? The one with the vulns? Really?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

"Experts" at Which? are just opinions with IT

Everyone else has already said it above. When Which? talk on an area that you know about yourself you then realise they are not always that on the ball. In the IT world especially.

What I find comical is that they use their subscribers to get most of this feedback. So they are asking people with experience of just the one item they bought and not someone who has experience of the market. Even a 20mins phone call with people like the Pen Test people would have lifted the quality of their reviews.

I know how bad their advice can be because they have asked *me* to provide opinions for them! I got my 30 seconds of TV fame by doing an interview on their behalf.

It is not just the dodgy webcams and IoT devices. You can see it in many other reviews. Read between the lines and you can see too much personal opinion in there.

They are great on some of their campaigns, and know how to run White Goods tests into the ground, but they need to know when they are outside of their own knowledge area.

Actually - that's a good point. I have been meaning to cancel my subscription for ages. This is a good nudge to go do that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon