Reply to post: Some under the hood changes...

Apple macOS Mojave: There's goth mode but developers will have to wait for the juicy stuff

TRT Silver badge

Some under the hood changes...

have gone on too, I think. I had a serious problem with a MacBookPro that shipped with Sierra. After I installed Silverlight (Virgin Media's streamed "To Go" service needed it and I wanted to watch something when I was away from home, otherwise I'd never touch it with a bargepole), it suddenly started going into panic restart mode and a roast-your-fingers overheat every 5 minutes. It was running the APFS and had File Vault turned on. Whatever the problem was, restoring the OS didn't solve it, nor did going to High Sierra, nor creating a new user, nor wiping the disk completely and restoring because as soon as I reconnected it to my iTunes account it f***ed up again within an hour. Took me 3 months and two trips to the service centre who couldn't do anything with it. File Vault and APFS made it a nightmare to work with - more than half of my toolkit didn't work with those on it. Anyway, the Mojave beta fixed it instantly; it's happy as Larry and runs much cooler.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon