Reply to post:

Civil rights group Liberty walks out on British cops' database consultation

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

There is no such thing as a "democratic vote" in Parliament. The MPs are (supposedly) elected by democratic process and - ideally - should vote on things according to the wishes of the majority of those who elected them (or at least, those who express a preference).

What tends to happen is that the MPs vote along party lines regardless of what their electorate want, although it is quite noticeable that, even in areas where the majority of people voted to leave the EU, nearly all MPs want to stay in.

That, if nothing else, should give Remoaners cause to reconsider their blind acceptance of the EU's continued bullying, threatening and attempted blackmail ("If you leave then we stop your medicines get in" sounds like blackmail to me.). For all the Labour voters, why are you suddenly agreeing with Big Business? For all the Conservative voters, why are you suddenly demanding to stay part of a Federalist superstate? For all the Liberal voters, your party seems to just go along with whatever they think people want to hear so it doesn't really matter since they do their own thing afterwards anyway regardless of what they promised. (Hmm, could Jezza be a closet Liberal?)

I was going to post this under my own name, but posting under a pic of V seems more fitting somehow...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon