Reply to post: Android won because it was BETTER and CHEAPER.

Android Phones are 10: For once, Google won fair and square

Anonymous Coward
Megaphone

Android won because it was BETTER and CHEAPER.

Android won because it was BETTER and CHEAPER.

The 18 month old Pixel2 (that is now £450), still has a better camera than the £1100 iPhone XS (and the Galaxy S9)... And this is according the the hugely biased Apple fanboys at iVerge.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/19/17878018/iphone-xs-x-pixel-2-galaxy-s9-camera-comparison

Who sort of person spunks £1100 on a phone that's worse than a 18 month old phone costing less than half that money?

It's of course not just the camera quality, on the Pixel 2, you have all your Google apps (which most iPhone owners have to download), you have better NFC, that you can use for things that aren't just Apple Pay (like pairing up headphones and cameras, and automation), you have far better bluetooth audio (whilst iPhone is still stuck in the dark ages with AAC profile), Android phones have the Superb APT-XHD and the Sensationally good LDAC codecs.

Then you have battery life. My iphone 8 was lucky to get to the end of the afternoon without needing a recharge. My new Xperia that replaced it goes for 2 days without a charge with similar usage patterns and very similar battery capacities. Android with Oreo totally destroys anything iOS has in terms of battery life (and I hear Android 9 is even better still, with smart optimisation based on app usage history).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon