Reply to post: Re: Has anyone?

I want to buy a coffee with an app – how hard can it be?

John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Has anyone?

"Considered the benefits of having a flask (or thermos, for those who only recognise brandnames) of coffee handy for these occasions."

As a roadwarrior of 25 years standing, the first thing I do in the morning is place the flask of hot water, the small tub of instant coffee (took a while to find a good one (for a personal values of good)), a sweetener tablet dispenser, a cooler bag with ice-pack and a pint of milk and a proper mug, all on the passenger seat in easy reach, with a towel/coat/whatever to hold it all in place with the seatbelt where it's all easily accessible while in a motorway services or a lay-by, or even the customers car park.

I discovered many years ago that a flask of pre-made white coffee starts to curdle by the end of a long day. Likewise, a flask of pre-made black coffee leaves a horribly disgusting "skin" on the inside of the flask.

I have considered a small 12V espresso to be kept in the boot, but discounted that as just a step to far on the scale of faffiness (and that I'd rather not be standing outside in the rain waiting for it to "perc" :-)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon