Reply to post:

Deliveroo to bike food to hungry fanbois queuing to buy iPhones

Lee D Silver badge

I find it more worrying that people spending such money generally aren't at work from 9-5 in order to queue all day for, and collect, said phone.

What we have is either a nation of already-retired millionaires splashing their money on tat and pizza and enjoying sitting in a London street in a queue, or a nation of people who really have nothing else better to do spending money they don't actually have or should be spending on other things.

I'm not entirely sure which one I find more disturbing.

The obvious problems (YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY BUYING and whether it's even any good) pale in comparison to "how/why have you afforded to have a day off work to queue in the British wind and rain to buy a phone that I would have to seriously check my bank balance before I even thought about purchasing it?"

That said, this year alone, Apple's support has cost them hundreds of iPads and dozens of Macs from my workplace, because we're ditching them all purely because of their ridiculous and totally uninterested, and not even compliant with Companies Act support and communication (i.e. I was refused the address of the company's head office and they do not have any kind of proper complaint process. As the Head of Written Complaints, Apple, Ireland - that's all I could get out of him on the phone - REFUSED to confirm to me in writing the most basic of information, or even acknowledge that they'd received my complaint. They literally took zero action except to phone and tell me they wouldn't even reply to the recorded-delivery letter demanded mandatory details of their company).

Why anyone would ever do business with Apple, I absolutely cannot fathom.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon