Reply to post: Re: Women are no different to men when it comes to being vicious, intolerant and unpleasant.

'Men only' job ad posts land Facebook in boiling hot water with ACLU

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Women are no different to men when it comes to being vicious, intolerant and unpleasant.

I was bullied out of my previous career by my female manager. I've had lots of other managers since then, both male and female who have been fine.

So anecdotally women can be just as bad as men, and men can be just as good as women. In my previous career (teacher) fights between boys tended to be violent, short and swift and then matters were settled. Fights between girls were vicious, long drawn out and would involve lots of bullying over periods of months where an effort was made to psychologically harm the opponent. Girls can be very nasty so don't even think that one gender is better than the other. Maybe you've just come across less nasty women because they've not been in a position to be nasty to you?

I also recall reading about surveys where most social media bullying of women is carried out by other women.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019