Reply to post:

Microsoft accidentally let encrypted Windows 10 out into the world

Kyorin

Insider edition or not, Windows 10 of any release is not stable enough at all!

I recently had a failure after a Windows 10 update, it failed to install an update, then failed to roll back, then just looped through this cycle repeatedly. Tried several things in an attempt to fix it, and actually eventually managed to get it to boot, but it would blue/green screen after a few minutes. I thought the RAM might be faulty but it seems ok in another PC.

In the end I started with a new SSD on different hardware. All that's installed on this PC is Firefox and Office 2016. But recently it's started crashing instead of waking up when the mouse is moved. It doesn't do it every time, but often enough to be really annoying.

And just yesterday I needed to install Office on a domain PC, and it failed with a really cryptic and long message that meant nothing. Of course, this message only came up right at the very end of the installation wasting more time. Installing Office with admin rights (on a domain PC) no longer works on the current build of Windows 10, you have to log off and log in with the LOCAL admin account to install Office. It's like Microsoft actually hate their customers and are deliberately pushing them towards other solutions.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon