Reply to post: AI in the kitchen is looking at completely the wrong end of the action.

I've seen the future of consumer AI, and it doesn't have one

NiceCuppaTea

AI in the kitchen is looking at completely the wrong end of the action.

I work, a lot. I really, really cant be arsed to look in my fridge and cupboards try to think of something to cook, or find a recipe that only uses the ingredients i have and try to have a healthy balanced diet.

The thing AI could do for me in the kitchen is ask me (and my family) 10 questions about what sort of food i like and how long i'm willing to spend in the kitchen preparing it then feck off and find me things to cook for that whole week, taking care not to make me fat, give me too much salt etc etc and give me food i actually like. Send me an email with a shopping list (or just order that shit direct from amazon/supermarket /wherever) Then when i get home from a long days work i just cook what the fridge tells me. If they wanted to improve suggestions for next weeks meals or whatever it could even give the family the option to rate the meal 1-5 stars.

National obesity? Solved.

Any number of ailments caused by poor diet? Solved

Cant decide what to cook for dinner? Solved.

Not wanting to write a boring ass shopping list? solved.

Not wanting suffer the supermarket? Solved.

Sort out that little list and i will buy one of your overpriced fridge smart ass things otherwise feck off.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon